My little boy got hit in the face yesterday with our deck swing and I ended up at the Instacare with him. He got an upside-down Y shaped cut in between the lines of his philtrum (only DH girls appreciate that term). Another 1/8th of an inch farther down over the border of the lip and we would have been in plastic surgery last night. Luckily that wasn't the case. But, he did have to have 1 stitch to hold it all together and we are hoping it doesn't scar too badly. After the doctor did the stitch he finally thought about what's behind the lip and checked Brennan's teeth. I said "I'm a DH and after I got him cleaned up at home I checked inside his mouth- there are no problems there, but this cut was out of my realm so here we are." Doing stitches on a banana peel does not prepare you very well for stitches in skin :)
19 May 2009
Injuries
Posted by Michaelangelo at Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That poor little guy! Eli had to have stitches in his lip a few months ago. They had to sedate him though because the lip is so hard to hold still. (As you noticed.)
Post a Comment